[patch] split up hal_initialize

Henning Günther eq at eq.homelinux.org
Mon Sep 27 12:12:00 PDT 2004

Hi everybody,

since I got no reaction to my first post(where I proposed a change in
libhal) and I couldn't wait for this to become standart in HAL, I wrote
a patch myself.
The patch splits up hal_initialize in hal_new(which creates a
LibHalContext) and hal_connect(which connects a context to the hal
daemon). To have backward compatibility I rewrote hal_initialize. It
just calls hal_new and hal_connect now.
Let me explain why I think this is better: It gives the programmer the
ability to set user data to the context before the
"IntegrateDBusIntoMainLoop" method is called.

I hope you like it.

Henning