Iomega USB external hard drive

Javier Ros Ganuza jros at unavarra.es
Wed Apr 6 05:07:27 PDT 2005

Right know I'm at work and I don't have access to the drive, I can check
at night, but from memory I would say

volume.fstype = 'vfat'  (string)

I suppose that file /usr/share/hal/fdi/90defaultpolicy/storage-
policy.fdi
is controling the way the device is characterized, but in this file
volume.fstype is only checked for value, not assigned.

I've look over the rest of the fdi files at the hierarchy
> /usr/share/hal/fdi
and none of them seems to set the volume.fstype

Not sure wher that property is assigned

I've seen also that "volume.partition.msdos_part_table_type" 0x83  was
correctly detected.

Thanks

Javier Ros