libcap

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Sat Apr 9 03:35:08 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 22:09 +1200, Mark Carey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry to sound stupid, but where does one obtain the source to libcap,
> which appears to be required to build HAL 0.4.7.  I am trying to build
> the project utopia stack on a Linux From Scratch System so I can build
> gnome-volume-manager under Gnome 2.10.0

You should consider integrating the 0.5 version. The API has changed and
0.4 is no longer actively developed. You will need to do everything
again for the dramatically improved 0.5 version.

> Google turns up plenty of RPMs but no sources, yes building for myself
> from source
>
> There is source available at;
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/security/linux-privs/kernel-2.4/
> But I have a 2.6 kernel ...

The 0.5 version does not need it. But if you still want 0.4, just get
libcap from that place. :)

Good luck,
Kay