CD-ROM events not detected

Dik Takken D.H.J.Takken at phys.uu.nl
Sun Apr 17 03:30:44 PDT 2005

Hi,

My HAL install (v. 0.4.5) is working perfectly, except for one thing: My
CD-ROM device is completely ignored. Manually mounting data CD-ROMS and
playing audio cd's works, but HAL does not seem to notice anything,
except changes to mtab due to mounting the device. When I run HAL like
so:

hald --daemon=no --verbose=yes

I can see that HAL detects USB / network / etc events, but when I insert
any audio or data CD-ROM into the drive, HAL keeps completely silent.

Could anyone please provide a hint to get this working?

Thankt a lot,

Dik