skip failing callouts

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Aug 31 08:28:02 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 16:23 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Did you test this with only one callout?
>
> 15:40:04.232 [I] hald_dbus.c:2895: OK for method 'SetLCDBrightness' with
> signature 'i' on interface

Strictly speaking, method calls are not callouts. In HAL, we have three
classes of external programs that we can run

 - callouts:     invoked when adding/removing device objects
 - addons:       runs during the life-time of a device object
 - method calls: invoked in response to a D-BUS method call

However... all these  share code to manage external processes and so
forth.. see hald/util.c for details.

What you are seeing appears to be a problem with a method call. But it
may be the same code though :-)

> But I don't really understand the code flow, so someone with more
> expertise in that area will have to help me.

Are you using debug-hald.sh script? Doing that and getting a backtrace
will probably tell you where the bug is..

    David