Removing ACPI Button

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Mon Dec 5 06:05:43 PST 2005

On Saturday 03 December 2005 22:28, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Danny, when I run hald, and then remove my battery, the battery charge
> goes to zero, rather than the battery device being removed. Could this
> be because of your recent battery current rate calculation patches?
> Could you try this on your machine please, and see if it works there.

I'm not sure what your special problem is, but I'm sure this changes have
nothing to do with it. Btw. I tested this with 3 different machines with
different ACPI implementations/bugs and can't reproduce such behavior.

Note: It's full correct that the device is not removed if you remove the
battery, because under ACPI there is also a battery slot if there is no
battery. Because of this all battery related keys are removed and the
property battery.present is set to FALSE.

Danny