HAL methods at storage device level, to mount/unmount/eject volumes

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Dec 9 14:25:33 PST 2005

Le Vendredi 9 Décembre 2005 19:36, Danny Kukawka a écrit :
> So why not support it?

Sure, and it can be supported thanks to the hal-system-storage-mount that can
be fine tuned by distributors (for example). I still don't see why the
applications calling Mount() would need to bother specifying the fs type...
They only need to know if the mount failed or not, and don't care about _how_
it's actually done (that's up to the script to hide such implementation
details IMHO).

Am I missing something? I really don't see use cases for the fs type
parameter...

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."