I18N volume labels

leon breedt bitserf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 08:02:41 PST 2005

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:12:36 +0100, Kay Sievers <kay.sievers at vrfy.org> wrote:
> Please add a hard limit to that loop, so that a bad disk cannot loop endlessly.
The official spec [1] says only "zero or more SVD's" (section
6.7.1.2), no upper bound given, so I've chosen the arbitrary value of
16, a more sane value may be higher or lower, not sure.

Taking into account that the volume descriptor set as a whole contains
the PVD, SVD,  boot records and partition descriptors, and not sure
how these things are typically layed out.

> You cannot use two pointers with get_buffer(), the second call may invalidate
> the first one.
Fixed. Hopefully we won't run into the scenario where having scanned
all N volume descriptors and not found any SVD's, having to do a
double physical read of the PVD. Seems unlikely as the data should fit
within SB_BUFFER_SIZE and it should be contigious on disc.

I've attached the updated patch.

Thanks for the feedback!

Leon

[1] Finally found here: