hal 0.4.4 "Affirmative, Dave, I read you." released

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Jan 6 20:04:19 PST 2005

Hey,

I've just released hal 0.4.4 "Affirmative, Dave, I read you.". This
is a maintenance release fixing an issue with missing fs probing on
fixed IDE drives (introduced in the 0.4.3 release), as well as being
able to cope with certain 2.6.10 kernels that apparently don't like to
put the wireless directory in /sys/class/net/<ifname> for wireless
network adapters. Also other small bug fixes and the SVD feature
for iso9660.

You can download it from here:

 http://freedesktop.org/~david/dist/hal-0.4.4.tar.gz

Summary of changes from 0.4.3

 - Use /proc/net/wireless to check if a network interface is wireless
 - Allowing probing for volume_id and drive_id on IDE devices without
   removable media (fixes regression in 0.4.3)
 - Fix small leak in libhal (Tim Müller)
 - Fix potential crasher when handling renamed interfaces (Sjoerd
Simons)
 - Support for Supplementary Volume Descriptor for ISO9960 fs (Leon
Breedt)
 - Update NEWS file to list release announcements

Cheers,
David