Patch to hal-spec : 3/6-button

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Thu Jan 13 03:01:43 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 07:13:36PM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:

> One important (compared to my nitpicks :-) thing; as you can
> see here
>
>  http://cvs.freedesktop.org/*checkout*/hal/hal/doc/spec/hal-
> spec.html#device-properties-volume
>
> we also have the concept called DeviceConditions which represent
> things that cannot be captured in properties. So, we should use
> that to convey that someone pressed the button; What about calling
> the conditions SystemButtonPressed and SystemButtonReleased?

You still want to have the current state in the database (especially for things
like lid open or closes)..

The thing i don't understand about DeviceConditions is that they are currently
used to convey some state, which is also saved as a property  (e.g.
volume.is_mounted)..  Making the Condition imho unnecessary, because you can
just check the property modified signal..

For something like memory ecc errors they could be usefull, but still you want
to save some state about that for later reference (when did it happen etc)

  Sjoerd
--
Before Xerox, five carbons were the maximum extension of anybody's ego.