/etc/hal/device.d

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Jan 13 09:07:08 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 14:42 +0300, Sergey Ulanov wrote:
> Hello.
> In HAL specification, it's documented that callouts from
> /etc/hal/device.d must be executed in alphabetic order. But
> hal_callout_device() doesn't actually sort anything, and so programs
> executed in file-system order. That's seems to be a bug.

Yeah, it's a bug, thanks for catching this. If you got a patch
it would be fine. In either case, I'll make sure this is fixed
in the next 0.4.x release.

Note that the callout directories will pretty much go away on
HEAD, to be replaced with a property specifying what to call
out on a per-device basis, when I get down to committing my
changes.

Cheers,
David