Patch for HAL providing system devices

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 14:07:09 PST 2005

This is a patch for HAL CVS HEAD that provides all the system.* namespaces.

I have not included the PMU/ACPI specific parts yet as we are still
debating about how to include pmu.* and acpi.* in the most efficient way.

If you could merge these changes now please David, and if there are any
smaller changes to system.* then we can base the patch relative to HEAD
and not have such a large patch file :-)

Feel free to edit the patch before you merge, but I've tried to keep it
updated with all the comments you, Sjoerd, Robert and myself have added.

Hopefully this is the first bit of the foundations for ACPI and PMU in HAL.
I'm sorry if it looks like I'm spamming the list!

Notable in absence:

system.processor.throttle_frequencies :
 Waiting for stringlist property in HEAD
acpi.* and pmu.*
 Clearing up the specification before patch.
*lots of other methods*
 When the base ACPI code is is place then we can work on all the exciting
devices.

The patch is located here:
http://www.hughsie.com/write/hal-add-devices.patch

Many thanks,