hal 0.4.5 "It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours." released

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Sun Jan 16 09:08:41 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 05:33:39PM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Another week, another HAL release :-). Download from
>
>  http://freedesktop.org/~david/dist/hal-0.4.5.tar.gz
>
> Changes from 0.4.4:
>
>  - Fix bug with vfat label reading (Kay Sievers, Fredrik Nilsson, Joeny)

This seems to have fixed some filesystems and broken others. I got the
following from a debian user:

  I just upgraded hal (from 0.4.4-1) and noticed, that it doesn't detect
  the volume label of my usb external drive correctly anymore. I found
  this bug, and this change seems to be the cause...

  Both mlabel and udev_volume_id show the correct label ("ICYBOX"), but
  hal uses "AD", which is pretty useless...

  Sjoerd
--
Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.
		-- Miyamoto Musashi, 1645