Adding PMU and ACPI into HAL

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Sun Jan 16 14:28:59 PST 2005

Right, I've spent the last 2 hours looking at HAL code.

> 1. HAL detects ACPI/PMU and registers a new bus (like it would for PCI)

How? It's never present in sysfs. I guess a hook is needed in osspec.c,
but where and what? coldplug? osspec_init?

A little bit of sample code would be fantastic.

> 2. A device file (e.g. battery_device.c) is used to populate the HAL tree
> with a battery object.

I've started with ac_adaptor_class_device.c...

> 3. An addon is launched for the duration of the battery to update the
> battery charge level. (when the addon code hits CVS...)

Seems like a far away dream.... :-)

Richard

--

http://www.hughsie.com/PUBLIC-KEY