hal 0.4.5 "It's going to go 100% failure in 72 hours." releas ed

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Mon Jan 17 08:50:49 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 11:33 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 16:27 +0100, Kay Sievers wrote:

> > > The problem are VFAT extended entries in the root directory.
> > > The one-line change from 0.4.4 will erroneously take the
> > > first extended entry for the volume id.
> > > These extented entries are recognizable by attr = 0x0f
> > > (i.e. readonly + system + hidden + volume_id).
> > >
> > > I think there's also an off-by-one error in iterating over
> > > the directory entries.
>
> Thanks for the patch!
>

> > Thanks a lot! I've applied it to CVS.
> >

> Thanks for doing this, Kay. Does this solve the problem with
> FAT volume labels; if yes, we should probably put out a new
> release.

There are still issues with some volumes to read the label from the
directory, but the old behavior should be restored, where only the
superblock label is read then instead of the random garbage.

Seems that something is still wrong with the calculation where to find
the root cluster. I'm still doing remote debugging - all my own FAT
volumes work fine here...

Thanks,
Kay