Simple ACPI/PMU data extraction routine

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Jan 18 04:05:18 PST 2005

On a similar sort of vein, to do a directory list withing HAL, should we be
using:

1. glib g_dir_open and g_dir_read_name?
 I've seen this in the HAL code already, but I thought the concensus was that
 we should move away from glib...
 I myself  like the glib bindings (no need to re-invent the wheel), but the
 will the KDE camp complain about the glib dependancy? Does KDE use any
 part of HAL?
2. non-glib scandir (and all the ".." and sorting uglyness)
 To keep everything using the standard header <dirent.h>

Basically this is for the ACPI backend work that will support more multiple ACPI
ac_adaptors and batteries, as the entries are /proc/acpi/acadaptor/AC01/* and
/proc/acpi/acadaptor/AC02/* and I need a way of parsing this directory list.

Richard.