ACPI and PMU nearly finished, but I want pretty HAL Icons...

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 00:20:51 PST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:11:54 +0200, Paul Ionescu wrote:

> Nice job.

I'm still working on it, it'll be a few more days yet :-)
I'll post the external program first, it'll be more manageable, and easier
to check.

> Do you also care about not standard ACPI interfaces like for
> IBM/ASSUS/TOSHIBA ?

I did stubs for toshiba and ibm, but i didn't know asus had kernel
extensions. Do you have such a machine?

At the moment the extentions just sit there and get ignored, but they will
do some clever stuff soon.

> And we probably want to put some APM stuff too.
> I know is deprecated by ACPI, but some people are still using it.

Sure, again, I didn't know APM had kernel extensions (procfs or sysfs). If
you know of any relevant info, can you post it here please, and I'll add
it to my code.

Richard