Test routine for ACPI and PMU procfs

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 13:01:50 PST 2005

Okay, here's the first version of the hal-external code, that I would
like some feedback on.

I've emulated all the hal calls (like hal_device_property_set_string())
so it's not that hard to do a copy paste into HAL - but I don't think it's
a particularly good idea at this stage of code!

Please could you give me some feedback on *HOW* the code works, with any
ways I could be doing something better, or just plain wrong. Ask if you
need something explained and I'll add some more comments to the code.

I know there are loads of objects missing, and the objects have only a
few attributes set, but this is all PoC code, and I want to get the
structure right before we all spend too much time on the specifics.

Code is here:

http://www.hughsie.com/write/hal-extern.c

You can compile it with:

gcc -Wall -ansi -g hal-extern.c -o hal-extern -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -lglib-2.0 (I'm sure there's a better way to
compile a single file with glib...)

As always, comments please.

Richard.

--