[Bluez-devel] Re: Bluetooth and HAL

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Thu Jan 20 04:50:40 PST 2005

Hi Paul,

> I'll remove the ChipVersion then, and I have some more questions:
> How do we tell if we have a BT 1.0 or BT 1.1 or BT 1.2  adapter ?
> By looking at HCI and LMP numbers ?

it is the HCI_version and LMP_version. They can be different, but in
general they show the same version of the specification.

> Do we need a separate bluetooth.version too ?

No.

> Do end user programs really need HCI and LMP version/revision ?

Only if they wanna display some information about the device. Otherwise
they are useless, because the kernel or the Bluetooth library will hide
the differences.

Regards

Marcel