[Maybe BUG] hal does not have correct info about usb_device.device_class

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Jan 20 18:12:17 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 04:01 +0200, Paul Ionescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Bluetooth dongle, which creates 3 usb interfaces.
> The dongle has:
> device class : e0
> device subclass: 1
> Device Protocol: 1
>
> and the 3 interfaces:
> int 0
> 	class e0
> int 1
> 	class e0
> int 2
> 	class fe
>
> Now, HAL assumes all 3 interfaces as class e0, which is wrong.

Each interface is a separate hal device object and while

 usb.device_[class|subclass|protocol]

is the same, then

 usb.interface.[class|subclass|protocol]

will differ (if the interface class differ). Basically, the
point is that USB is concerned with both device and interface
class triplets; they are not necessarily the same.

David