[Maybe BUG] hal does not have correct info about usb_device.device_class

Paul Ionescu i_p_a_u_l at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 19:30:52 PST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:40:16 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:

> A: No.
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?

Got it.

> On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 04:24 +0200, Paul Ionescu wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> In my case, in
>> usb.interface.class
>> I have the value 0 for all 3 interfaces. I think I should have e0/e0/fe
>> for int0/int1/int2.
>>

> The tripplet (0, 0, 0) means vendor specific interface. I actually get
> that with my "Microsoft Wireless Transciever for Bluetooth 2.0" on the
> three USB interfaces for Wireless Radio USB device. Yet, the device class
> tripplet is (0xe0, 0x01, 0x01) which tells me that it's indeed a Bluetooth
> dongle (and Linux 2.6.10 supports it).

Maybe I put it wrong because of laziness.
There is no triplet (0,0,0) in my case.

I have 3 interfaces under my bluetooth dongle, and for two of them, in
lsusb -v I can see that the usb.interface.class is e0, but in lshal I see
that usb.interface.class is 0.
And for the last one, usb.interface.class is fe (firmware upgrade) in
lsusb, and 0 again in lshal.

> (and the really funny thing is that this tiny device actually exports a
> USB hub with two other USB HID devices; when I start hcid these two
> devices actually go away - oh well)
>
> OTOH, I have a bunch of other multi interface devices that uses the
> standard USB protocols and they have different classes for each device -
> one of them is a 2xPS2 -> USB converter, pretty handy actually.
>
> So, I'm pretty sure hal works as intended :-)

I don't complain about the number of interfaces, but that in my case
usb.interface.class seen in hal is not the same as the one seen with lsusb
or usbview, or looking directly in /sysfs.