ACPI/PMU procfs HAL test program. Version 002.

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Mon Jan 24 03:31:08 PST 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 11:30, Paul Ionescu wrote:

> I think we can at least use this to pool at hald startup to populate the
> database, and for further updates we maybe think more about them.

O.k. Maybe one way for further updates could be to update the battery related
values (and poll  /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state) only, if somebody ask for
the actuall values. Maybe the best way to reduce systemload.

> But IMHO powersave should listen for info from hald and not viceversa.

I understand your intention. In this case we should implement this as said
above, but I'm not shure about it.  I would avoid, that several programs try
to get battery information from proc.

Is there a way to say HAL something like: "send me a message if a (defined)
value changed"?

I will think about it and speak with the maintainer of powersave in the next
days.

Danny