ACPI/PMU procfs HAL test program. Version 002.

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Mon Jan 24 06:06:19 PST 2005

Paul Ionescu <i_p_a_u_l <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq are a lot of goodies:
>
> cpuinfo_cur_freq
> cpuinfo_max_freq
> cpuinfo_min_freq
> scaling_available_frequencies
> scaling_available_governors
> scaling_cur_freq
> scaling_driver
> scaling_governor
> scaling_max_freq
> scaling_min_freq
> scaling_setspeed

I don't get this on my desktop, I'll try on my laptop tonight.

> so we might add at least:
> system.processor.minimum_speed
> system.processor.current_speed
>
> system.processor.available_speeds (instead of min and max)

Already done to some extent:
 http://cvs.freedesktop.org/*checkout*/hal/hal/doc/spec/hal-spec.html

Also, we had some discussion about available_speeds and the list datatype a
while ago, archives might shed some light. I *think* the decision was to get
procfs into HAL proper before we get too compilated.

Talking of which, is procfs the correct filename for this sort of thing. I was
intending to go with systempower.c, but there are buttons and sensors and
allsorts, so I stuck with procfs.c - is there a better name?

Is the layout and code structure suitable for merging into HAL? I was thinking
of creating two new files procfs.c and procfs.h in hal/hald/linux/ and including
them unconditially. Do we want a "configure --with-procfs" type entry in the
config file?

> Well, I think we have to add another battery key:
> battery.present BOOL

I've already got that in the code havn't I?

[13]set_bool    system.battery.present, FALSE
[14]set_bool    system.battery.present, TRUE
[14]set_bool    system.battery.is_rechargable,  TRUE
[14]set_string  system.battery.serial,  1681
[14]set_string  system.battery.model,   IBM-08K8193

Richard