Belkin 8-in-1

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Jan 24 07:50:26 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 08:45 +0000, Bob Billing wrote:
> I have a Belkin 8-in-1 memory card reader which has four slots, each of
> which appears as a different LUN. As shipped with Fedora Core 3, Hal was
> assigning all the slots to /media/usbdisk which caused a lot of
> confusion if two cards were plugged in at the same time.

This sounds like a bug; have you tried the latest version of hal from
FC3 updates? Otherwise please attach the output of 'hald --daemon=no
--verbose=yes' (remember to /sbin/service haldaemon stop) with your
memory card reader attached and you 95userpolicy file out of the way.

> I've fixed it by adding this script in /usr/share/hal/fdi/95userpolicy,
> but I don't really know if this is the "right" way to do it.
>
> Can I submit this script to the project? Would you be interested in more
> of the same as I get around to implementing more of my collection of odd
> devices?

No, it's not the right way to fix it; things should work out of the box.

Thanks,
David