A minor problem w/ access to my flash drive

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd at luon.net
Mon Jan 24 08:05:03 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:42:50AM -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 14:17 +0600, Alexey Morozov wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Sjoerd Simons writes:
> >
> > >  Hal checks every second (or every 2, dunno exactly) if there is a media
> > >  change on the driver, this could be the reason your seeing that
> > >  behaviour.  On my usbstick is see the light flash everytime hal polls :)
>
> It shouldn't blink when it's mounted.

Hrm, your right.. It's blinking even when hal isn't running, but it's blinks at
about the same interval as hals polls, hence the wrong conclusion. (Although
hal does open and close the device, even when it's mounted)

  Sjoerd
--
The rule on staying alive as a forecaster is to give 'em a number or
give 'em a date, but never give 'em both at once.