ACPI/PMU procfs HAL test program. Version 002.

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Tue Jan 25 04:34:06 PST 2005

Paul Ionescu <i_p_a_u_l <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> > .technology might be best for LI-ION|NiM|NiCad etc
> Ok, will put it in next patch.

Cool.

> I'll have a look when time permits.

Sjoerd has already suggested g_io_channel_new_file, which would do the job.

I'll work on a generic funtion tonight at some point.

> > Also when you are there, could you get rid of system.ac_adaptor.number
> > and system.battery.number please as they are pretty worthless.
>
> I do have 2 system batteries in my laptop.

I know, but knowing which is acpi object 1 (BAT0) and which is 2 (BAT1) is not
much consequence - remember the UDI is unique (.../battery_1 for instance) - I
forgot this bit when I put the spec patch in for battery.

> > Good point. We could make it a string and make it
> > charging|discharging|charged or create another bool
> > system.battery.rechargeable.is_charged.
>
> Easiest is to make it string, so I'll make it string for now and if we
> decide latter that is not good, we'll change it then.

Good for me :-)

Richard.