Switching from Supermount to dbus/hal/ivman

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Jan 26 11:40:47 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 19:47 +0000, Christian Metzen wrote:
> Hello There!
>
> I hope this is the correct place to ask this, but i think it's more a
> Hal related Problem than a ivman one.
>
> I'm now trying to get rid of supermount and therefore setting up
> dbus-0.23, hal-0.4.7 and ivman 0.5pre1. Dbus and hal seem to work fine,
> they are both running. HAL creates fstab Entries for my CDROMs, they
> look that way:
>
> /dev/hdd                /media/cdrom1           auto
> pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
> /dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder1      auto
> pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
>
> I now started ivman and after inserting a CD it puts out the following:
>
> mount: blockorientiertes Gerät /dev/hdd ist schreibgeschützt, wird
> eingehängt im Nur-Lese-Modus
> mount: Falscher Dateisystemtyp, ungültige Optionen, der
>        »Superblock« von /dev/hdd ist beschädigt oder es sind
>        zu viele Dateisysteme eingehängt
>
> I think the Problem is the auto Entry in fstab, but i already changed
> the storage-policy.fdi to use iso9660, but the Result is the same. In
> Addition i changed the default Values for managed,noauto, exec and
> pamconsole to false so they don't appear anymore. But nothing changes,
> It still is not possible to mount them. HAL identifies the Media Type
> correctly with iso9660.
>
> Any Suggestions for that? How should i modify the Config, or how could
> this be solved?

This is a know problem when using fstab-sync; basically, for drives
using
non-partitioned media, we need to set the fstype to auto as we want to
add
the entry a'priori to media insertion. This only happens on some media
though; perhaps you want to replace the last line in this section of
/usr/share/hal/fdi/90defaultpolicy/storage-policy.fdi

    <!-- Handle drives with non-partitioned media  -->
    <match key="storage.no_partitions_hint" bool="true">
      <!-- optical drives -->
      <match key="storage.drive_type" string="cdrom">
        <merge key="storage.policy.mount_filesystem"
type="string">auto</merge>

with

        <merge key="storage.policy.mount_filesystem"
type="string">udf,iso9660</merge>

I've seen this before but only on discs that contain both audio and
data with the audio session before the data session.

David