Switching from Supermount to dbus/hal/ivman

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Wed Jan 26 13:06:50 PST 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 21:56, Christian Metzen wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Well, as i said, i already tried it with iso9660, but now tried it with
> your Suggestions but the Effect is the same!

I think it's (maybe) a problem with automounter and subfs on SUSE. SUSE use
subfs to mount cdrom/cdrecorder/... .

What is the entry of HAL/fstab-sync in fstab for your cdrom? And what say:
'cat /proc/mounts'.

With subfs you should have at least one enty (in /proc/mounts) if no CD in the
device and two entries if there is a CD and access to the device:
/dev/cdrecorder /media/cdrecorder subfs ro,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/dev/cdrecorder /media/cdrecorder iso9660 ro,nosuid,nodev 0 0

This is maybe the reason for this part of the errormessage:
mount: Falscher Dateisystemtyp, ungültige Optionen, der
       »Superblock« von /dev/hdd ist beschädigt oder es sind
       zu viele Dateisysteme eingehängt