Switching from Supermount to dbus/hal/ivman

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Jan 26 14:13:43 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 23:06 +0000, Christian Metzen wrote:
> Hello!
>
> What's really strange is that when i add the following Line to fstab:
>
> /dev/hdc   /media/cdrecorder   udf,iso9660   0 0
>
> and the try to mount it with "mount /media/cdrecorder" or "mount -a" it
> doesn't work either.
>
> But if i do:
>
> mount -t udf,iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/cdrecorder
>
> it works fine. But shouldn't both be the same?

I have no idea, sorry. It seems like either a problem with a) your
optical disc; b) the optical drive; c) your kernel: or d) the
mount(1) binary. Or a combination of those.

The only problems is when you use 'auto' you may run into problems
if the first session is audio data. But that is more a problem
with mount(1).

Good luck,
David