Fails to umount

Paul Ionescu i_p_a_u_l at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 09:11:35 PST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:26:07 +0100, Pierre Ossman wrote:
> I have a MP3 player with both internal memory and a card reader. When
> connected to a computer it shows up as two block devices. These work fine
> most of the time with hal. fstab-sync sets them up correctly and they are
> umounted properly when removed.
>
> However, now and then it fails to umount the second of the two devices. I
> put some printf:s in the code and figured out that volume.is_mounted gets
> cleared before force_unmount is called. Since it rarely happens I figure
> it's some form of race condition. I was hoping someone with more intimate
> knowledge of hal could have a look and see what the problem might be.
>
> Hal version is 0.4.6 and it's running on a FC3 system.

I can confirm that it happened to me too, when I was pulling out my usb
hub, with 3 usb memory-key (usbdisks) attached, only one of device was
unmounted, the others were left mounted even if they don't exist any more.
Tested on FC3 with both hal 0.4.6 and 0.4.7. Kernel is 2.6.10-1.741_FC3.

I don't know if it is a problem with HAL, could be with GVM.