Belkin 8-in-1

Alexey Morozov alex-hp at idisys.iae.nsk.su
Fri Jan 28 09:41:00 PST 2005

David Zeuthen writes:

>On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 23:57 +0600, Alexey Morozov wrote:
>

>>That was not my .fdi ;-). I have another card reader. Actually I can't
>>get results described in that .fdi, because the only visible difference
>>between slots in my card reader is slot LUN number (they have no special
>>labels etc). I guess my device looks like one described in
>>'20freedesktop/6in1-card-reader.fdi', so I failed to set volume
>>properties the way proposed by Bob.
>>

>Just replace the right values for USB vendor_id and product_id in
>6in1-card-reader.fdi. You can get those values by using hal-device-
>manager.

No, perhaps I expressed my problem incorrectly. I had replaced
usb.vendor_id and usb.product_id, that was not a problem at all.But the
problem was to access those usb.vendor_id and usb.product_id 'from
within volume level' (Or maybe access volume properties from within
level where vendor_id and product_id are 'naturally' accessible).

After looking into source code (OSS rules ;-)) I finally managed to
solve this little puzzle, but it seems there _must_ be simpler and,
well, natural, ways to achieve the same result. Please look at the
attached .fdi to see what I'm talking about.

Respectfully,
Alexey

P.S. I do not have  MemorySticks and SmartMedia devices so I assigned
their LUNs arbitrarily. Actually they can be swapped, so this .fdi can't
be considered final and 'truly official'.