Please merge procfs... :-)

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Sat Jan 29 08:22:05 PST 2005

Okay, I've merged all my procfs files into a copy of cvs head.

Put simply it's the foundation work - the values are not refreshed, i.e.
the battery and ac_adaptor do not change yet, but are correct on
initialisation. The refresh code is pretty trivial, but we need to talk
more about polling and events first. Plus PMU doesn't do much yet, but the
framework is in place.

A screenshot can be found here:

http://hughsie.com/write/hal/screenshot-hal.png

And the patch can be found here.

David, if you approve, please apply. Feel free to add a
configure --option tag, or to modify the patch in any way.

Note: I've valgrinded my test program, with no leaks, and the test program
compiles cleanly, as does hal with this patch:

http://hughsie.com/write/hal/hal-patch-procfs-compile2.patch

Wow. All that work for 4 little icons... :-)

Richard.

--

http://www.hughsie.com/PUBLIC-KEY