fstab-sync Issue - I Think

C. Beamer cbeamer at interlynx.net
Mon Jan 31 06:17:18 PST 2005

Hello All,

I solved this situation.  David suggested a number of things and then,
suggested that it might be a problem with "Disk Management" that I
should report as a bug.  When I reported the bug, I had to name the
specific package and later, I decided to do a search.

Previously, I had assumed that the problem was with fstab-sync because
in earlier versions of Redhat/Fedora, if you wanted to change something
related to mounting, you edited the fstab file.  So, my searches prior
to my post were all on fstab-sync.  After posting the bug, I searched on
'usermount' which is the executable for "Disk Management.  One of the
hits that I got said that I needed version 1.76 of usermode and
usermode-gtk.

I keep my system updated, but the version of these two packages on my
system was only 1.74.  Neither Redhat Update agent nor any yum
repository that I have set up, flagged these two packages as needing an
update.  I went to rpmfind and found version 1.78 of these packages for
Fedora Core 3, and installed them.  After installation, I could mount
and unmount my devices using Disk Management.

Thanks to all for your help.  As it turned out, my post was misplaced,
but at least I got guided in the right direction and got the problem solved.

Regards,

Colleen