[patch] hal-spec.xml.in

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Jan 31 22:14:10 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 21:11 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Patch:
>
> * makes battery into system.battery and moves it into the correct place.

We're also going to support batteries from e.g. wireless mice; there's
still a patch from Sergey that I'm going to merge soon. So it should
just be called battery.

> * adds all the new properties that are about to be merged into head... :-)

Those are added; I didn't like this one

> -
(bool)</entry>
>                <entry></entry>

so now it's battery.rechargable.is_charging (bool) and
battery.rechargable.is_discharging (bool). The reason for this,
in my view, is that it's easier to deal with two bools than three
string values. See the patch I committed also.

> * makes {acpi|pmu}_version into acpi.version and pmu.*_version so we I add
> new acpi. properties:

I've only added one new, namely linux.acpi_path. See the patch
I committed also.

> linux.acpi.object_type and linux.acpi.object_name (used in the future
> refresh code)

Then we can add them in the future - if they are necessary :-)

Cheers,
David