capability not found

P. Durante shackan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 10:22:38 PDT 2005

Hi everybody,
this thing is getting me nervous, the following code

<->
import dbus
bus = dbus.Bus(dbus.Bus.TYPE_SYSTEM)
hal_service = bus.get_service("org.freedesktop.Hal")
hal_manager = hal_service.get_object("/org/freedesktop/Hal/Manager","org.freedesktop.Hal.Manager")
bt_devs = hal_manager.FindDeviceByCapability ("bluetooth_hci")

for dev_uri in bt_devs:
	dev = hal_service.get_object (dev_uri, "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device")
	iface = dev.GetPropertyString ("bluetooth_hci.interface_name")
	print "found hci bluetooth device "+ iface
<->

is supposed to print the name of the active hci devices (and when I
run it, there's /sys/class/bluetooth/hci0 sitting in my sysfs)
obviously it does not work, and shows anything, any ideas?

regards,
Paul