suspend2 checks

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri May 13 07:26:00 PDT 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 10:01 +0100, Hughes, Richard (UK Rochester) wrote:
> I've been sent a patch by Ow Mun Heng (to the gnome-power mailing
> list) to add the check for suspend2 in acpi.c

As discussed earlier, I think it makes sense for hal to abstract system
power management including suspend/hibernation and what have you. I'm
not sure though that we need too many details and we also want an
abstract interface. So, what about exposing

 bool power_management.sleep.can_quick_sleep (in ACPI this is S1)
 bool power_management.sleep.can_deep_sleep  (in ACPI this is S3)
 bool power_management.sleep.can_hibernate   (in ACPI this is S4)

along with methods

 QuickSleep()
 DeepSleep()
 Hibernate()

on the org.freedesktop.Hal.PowerManagement interface (I'm have some code
to commit so we can do this soon). I'm not really sure we need to know
whether swsup or suspend2 is used for the hibernate implementation, do
you feel this is necessary for gnome-power-manager?

(we need to come up with better names than QuickSleep, DeepSleep though)

Cheers,
David

</offtopic>