Forgotten patches. Ready to commit?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 09:03:02 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 10:33 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 15:18 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > My personal perspective is to depend on the newest released dmidecode,
> > in the same way CVS head depends on a newish dbus.
>
> I am not opposed to doing that.

Here's my latest working copy of the smbios prober that works with new
dmidecode (found in latest ubuntu and fedora core rawhide)

With the old prober, and the new dmidecode, you get *no* smbios.* keys
on the computer node.

Using this new version, HAL will not parse the old style dmidecode
output, but works 100% with the new format. The code is now much more
resistant to errors. I've also cleaned up the file substantially.

Please review attached.

Richard.