HAL and Cups

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Oct 11 07:17:59 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 10:12 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> you could use gnome-volume-manager to execute a script...

Yea, heh, slightly related, on my Fedora Rawhide (development branch for
what will be Fedora Core 5), g-v-m shows

 "/sbin/yast2 scanner"

for configuring scanners. Surely this must be a bug unless the desktop
team at Red Hat have decided to ship yast :-)

Btw, I'm curious, how does g-v-m detect scanners? By looking at the USB
class? Cuz, I don't see any 'scanner' capability in HAL yet. Maybe we
should have one?

Cheers,
David