Does pmount honor mount_root?

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Oct 23 23:55:52 PDT 2005

Le Lundi 24 Octobre 2005 08:47, Martin Pitt a écrit :
> This was exactly my point. Normal users aren't supposed to specify a
> random directory.

That would be indeed a convenience for pmount-hal only...

> A compromise would be to read the mount prefix from a local
> configuration file /etc/pmountrc or whatever, but fail to see why one
> should bother about changing it in the first place?

Me too. The command line option would look more interesting in order to feed
from HAL. Apart from this it has no real use.

> There is a good
> reason to follow the FHS, and e. g. Gnome treats /media specially to
> provide better support for removable devices.

That's fine with me, I was just wondering if it was possible to do it
differently. In case the FHS change, it looks easy to modify
pmount/pmount-hal to make it comply, so it's future-proof enough for me.

Keep up the nice pmount. ;-)

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."