HAL and glib

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Mon Oct 24 11:07:34 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 08:02:07PM +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> I read on the web page that HAL will drop the dependency on glib soon.
> What is the reason for it? Will needed glib functions replaced with
> libhal functions? I guess new patches shouldn't require glib, should
> they?

Yeah, that will happen soon after everything that is not related to
processes is moved out of /proc in the Linux kernel. :)

HAL started in companion with DBUS, which copied all neede stuff from
glib into its own source tree for portability and political reasons.
That time we thought HAL would do something similar, but I don't really
see the need for it or think it's likey to happen.

Kay