A few HAL problems

Fabian Zeindl fabian at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 14 05:26:02 PDT 2005

Hi

I'm using ivman (ivman.sourceforge.net) with HAL and I encountered a few
problems with HAL:

 * HAL is very slow in detecting property changes: plugging in and out the
ac-adapter takes about 15 seconds for hal to discover it.
 * my PWRF-button doesn't have a state so I can't use it (I think that's acpi
related, am I right?)
 * my laptop-lid has a state (opened,closed). Hal doesn't discover that.

anyway: great work!

greetings
fabian zeindl

--
 ... I want something good to die for
To make it beautiful to live.

          - Queens of the Stone Age - "Go with the Flow"

I prefer signed/encrypted Mail (even if I can't write it myself at
the moment due to OpenWebMail deficiencies):
Fingerprint: CFE8 38A7 0BC4 3CB0 E454  FA8D 04F9 B3B6 E02D 25BA