A few HAL problems

Fabian Zeindl fabian at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 14 06:53:46 PDT 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:33:17 -0400, Dan Williams wrote
> > I'm running HAL 0.5.4. I'm testing it with lshal|grep ac_adapter.
> > ac_adapter present switches to "false" (resp. "true) after about 15 seconds.
>
> What kernel are you running?  HAL should just be taking its cues from
> hotplug and from /proc/acpi, so if the kernel doesn't recognize that
> you've plugged in the AC adapter for a while, neither will HAL...

I'm running kernel 2.6.12 and this is working perfectly. Change from off-line
to on-line comes instantly (less than half a second I think).

> > I get the same output when the lid is open. cat
> > /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID/state instantly says "closed" when I close it...
>
> What laptop model and BIOS?

Acer Travelmate 243LC. Phoenix Bios I think (not sure about that)...

fabian

--
.. On his long walk home, he came up with the four maxims that have guided his
life: most people are fools, most authority is malignant, God does not exist,

          - Biography of Ted Nelson

I prefer signed/encrypted Mail (even if I can't write it myself at
the moment due to OpenWebMail deficiencies):
Fingerprint: CFE8 38A7 0BC4 3CB0 E454  FA8D 04F9 B3B6 E02D 25BA