A few HAL problems

Fabian Zeindl fabian at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 14 06:55:43 PDT 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:31:50 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote
> Which version of HAL?

0.5.4

> >  * HAL is very slow in detecting property changes: plugging in and out the
> > ac-adapter takes about 15 seconds for hal to discover it.
>
> The reason is your system. HAL does not poll the state of AC
> permanently. I think your system does not provide a ACPI AC_adapter
> event. In this case HAL poll /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/*/status every 30
> seconds or if a ac_battery event recieved.

I replied to this in the other mail. cat /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/AC/state shows
the change instantly.

> >  * my laptop-lid has a state (opened,closed). Hal doesn't discover that.
>
> Is there for your acpi_LID not a key like this in lshal?:
>
> button.has_state = true
> button.state.value = false

There are this values, but button.state.value never changes to "false", it's
always "true".

greetings
fabian zeindl

--
.. On his long walk home, he came up with the four maxims that have guided his
life: most people are fools, most authority is malignant, God does not exist,

          - Biography of Ted Nelson

I prefer signed/encrypted Mail (even if I can't write it myself at
the moment due to OpenWebMail deficiencies):
Fingerprint: CFE8 38A7 0BC4 3CB0 E454  FA8D 04F9 B3B6 E02D 25BA