hal-device-manager labels should respect font size

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 08:44:23 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 12:28 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> On Friday 16 September 2005 12:03, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > As you can see at
> >
> >   https://bugzilla.ubuntu.com/attachment.cgi?id=3843
> >
> > hal-device-manager does not respect the current application font size
> > in the labels in the "Device" tab. All other UI elements scale
> > accordingly, though.
> >
> > This should be easy to fix, but I never did any pygtk hacking; is
> > somebody experienced with it?
>
> I thinks this is maybe a issue for John (J5) Palmieri. You maybe should CC him
> to the bug.

Actually I don't do much hacking in HAL.  In theory it is just using GTK
widgets so should respect font size unless it is doing something weird.
I think David has been contemplating rewriting device manager to be more
useful.  Right now it is more of a developer and troubleshooting tool
that was quickly pieced together.  Anyway if anyone wants to learn a
bunch about HAL this is a great place to start hacking.  I unfortunately
don't have the time these days.