integrate with my own mainloop

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Sep 30 07:15:07 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 15:49 -0700, Tom Flynn wrote:
> hi there,
>
> As a start, I'd like to take something like lshal.c and integrate it
> with my own mainloop that I already have (not use glib's main loop).
> Is there an example somewhere like that?  Is there simply a function I
> can call from my mainloop that'll perform all the necessary
> hal/dbus-related stuff.  I've tried calling dbus_connection_dispatch()
> in my mainloop, but either that isn't the call i'm looking for or
> there's other calls I need to make.

Just make sure the DBusConnection* object that you pass to the function
libhal_ctx_set_dbus_connection() is already integrated into the
mainloop. If you're using a glib style mainloop use
dbus_connection_setup_with_g_main(), if you're using Qt use that
convenience function.

If you write your own mainloop libdbus has hooks for you to integrate
it. For example dhcdbd does this.

HTH,
David