volume.is_mounted wrong for luks partitions

Lars lists at sumpfralle.de
Fri Apr 7 14:16:21 PDT 2006

Hi,
I use a luks encrypted partition that is mounted during boot.

lshal reports the 'volume.is_mounted' property of the device as 'false' - which
is wrong.

For now, the mount-detection of hal simply looks for the device name listed in
/proc/mounts - right? This is _sadly_ not appropriate for luks encrypted
devices, as only the /dev/mapper/NAME device is listed in /proc/mounts.

I 'solved' the problem by manually setting the value in my preferences.fdi file,
but this is surely not a real solution.

AFAICT hal would need to call the 'dm_task_get_deps' function of libdevmapper to
find the underlying device, but this sounds not too easy for me (I am not a
programmer - sorry).

How could this be fixed?