HAL 0.5.7 build problem

Andy andy.elentari at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 11:34:07 PDT 2006

> Unmodified Kernel headers can only be used by the kernel and nowhere
> else. Putting them into /usr/include/linux is totally wrong and can
> never work.
> You need "sanitized" kernel headers to use in userspace. There are a
> lot of ways from distro to distro to accomplish this, your distro guys
> should know how to get the right headers to /usr/include/linux.

Okay.  I'll ask about this.

Will that fix this error I got during make?

probe-input.c: In function 'main':
probe-input.c:146: error: storage size of 'id' isn't known
probe-input.c:146: warning: unused variable 'id'
probe-input.c: At top level:
shared.h:62: warning: 'drop_privileges' defined but not used
make[5] *** [probe-input.o] Error 1