LCD brightness capability question

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Tue Apr 18 10:32:00 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 12:59, Jan Jockusch wrote:
[...]
> I'm afraid a similar add-on is also necessary for fujitsu tablets. There
> are several people who have dealt with the issue. The most interesting
> description of a similar hardware setup comes from
>
> http://apanel.sourceforge.net/tech.php

This is not that kind of simple for your tablet pc. IIRC apanel does not
support all the keys on FSC tablet PCs (tested as last with FSC T3010, P1510
and a ST502x) and the problem is you need to poll the SMBios all the time.

[...]
> >Exactly what buttons need supporting? Do you get events for them using
> >"lshal -m" ?

No, they should not, because this buttons emit no keyevents and are also not a
acpi key.

> A kernel module exists for a similar Tablet, but that module doesn't
> work for me. I contacted the author for hints, but got no answer yet.
> Maybe you're interested to look at
>
> http://jan.rychter.com/software/fjbtndrv/fjbtndrv.ucw
>
> I'd like to have a look at the toshiba smbios code, too. Can you give me
> a pointer? With that and the BIOS information, maybe I can work out a
> precise specification.

I'm not sure if it make sense to invest time here. IIRC FSC is already
developing a own new driver specially for the panel and tablet PCs, but I'm
not sure about the state of development and how they plan to
release/distribute the driver, but I try to find out.

Cheers,

Danny