pm-utils

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Apr 25 15:21:09 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 23:17 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > Can we call it pm-on-ac-power and, for a few releases, keep the
> > on_ac_power as a symlink? Just trying to be practical..
>
> This shouldn't be in pm-utils at all IMO.

Well, old cruft like the updatedb, prelink etc. cron jobs (sheesh) in
Fedora etc. relies on it. I'm not saying it's a good idea, just how the
reality is.

> > > * move (remove?) the sysconfig stuff
> >
> > Yea, move it to /etc/pm instead. /etc/sysconfig is a RH-ism.
>
> Do we need any config? The module unload list can just be in the hook
> script directly, no?

I'd like a single place users can change this. They will, because users
compile any random junk under the sun to get their hardware going and we
need to easily support that. In fact, we should have a /etc/pm.d
directory where users can drop in files that say

 PM_MODULE_UNLOAD_ON_SLEEP += some_kernel_module

and then packagers can include this in an RPM. Bad idea?

    David