portable_audio_player.filepath_format gone?

James "Doc" Livingston doclivingston at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 07:15:33 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 09:58 -0500, Gabriel Burt wrote:
> On 8/4/06, James Doc Livingston <doclivingston at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are there any guidelines on what the directories should be called for
> > various depths?
>
> No, there aren't.  You can see how I implemented if for Banshee here:
>
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/banshee/src/Banshee.Dap/MassStorage/MassStorageDap.cs?r1=1.11&r2=1.12

That looks basically the same as what I'd been planning to do.

> > And more importantly are there devices where it matters?
>
> That is the important question - otherwise it's just more of a
> preference/style issue.  I don't know of any.  If there are, then we
> need to reconsider the filepath_format key or something like it.

That sounds like a fairly good approach. Hopefully someone will complain
and file a bug if they find a device where it doesn't work, and we can
think about it if/when it happens.

> For >=3 I just used directories of the artist name broken into
> consequtively longer pieces (eg B/Ba/Bac/Bach/Album/Title).  I doubt
> it will ever be used though.

Sounds good enough to me.

Thanks,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
If a train station is a place where a train stops, what's a workstation?